- 1 Package of your favorite Fake Chicken on/and skewers ( We went with these Chicken Drumsticks from May Wah that are very similar to these but are not “spiced” – but I think this recipe would work just as good with Chicken Seitan or Morningstar Chikn Strips on bamboo skewers or toothpicks. The Fake Chicken should be put on the skewers AFTER being coated in the Flour mix. Fake Chicken should be defrosted. )
- 2 Tablespoons Margarine
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Cup of your favorite BBQ Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of Hot Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Liquid Smoke
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Bottle of Tahini or Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Celery Sticks, Carrots or other raw veggies
Preheat oven to 425.
In a 13×9 pan, melt the butter in the oven. In a large zip lock bag, mix Flour, Salt and Pepper. Put the Fake Chicken in the bag and shake – 2 at a time – until the Chicken is completed coated. Place coated Chicken in the pan.
Bake uncovered for 3-5 minutes and then flip the Chicken to make sure it gets completely covered with the Margarine. It should take about 10 minutes for the Fake Chicken to be a golden color and have a crispy coating. . . If you are using smaller pieces of Fake Chicken – it will take less time – so keep an eye on them.
During that time mix BBQ Sauce, Hot Sauce, Cajun Seasoning, Liquid Smoke and Cumin in a bowl.
Once the Fake Chicken has a golden crispy coating pull it out of the oven and pour the BBQ mix over the Fake Chicken. Flip the Fake Chicken a few times to make sure it gets completely coated in the BBQ mix.
Bake uncovered for around 10-12 minutes. or until the BBQ Sauce reaches a desired moistness. . . some people like them more sticky than saucy.
Serve with Dressing and Veggies.