Life, our book and travel to foreign lands have kept us away. We have a guest post and several recipes waiting to be posted and shared with the world but today I need to work on the book — so I’m posting a 4 ingredient treat in time for all those picnics, potlucks and BBQs coming up this weekend. This one is dedicated to that friend who always brings beer and salsa. This is a recipe* that even they can make.
But if you’re more of a superstar than that — you can click here to see a list of some of our favorite Summertime recipes and potlucking tips or you can check out some of these:
Cherry Cola BBQ Vegan Chicken Wings
Antipasto Pasta Salad
Curry Vegan Chicken & Potato Salad
Burger & Veggie Packet
The Cruelty-Free Crawfish Boil
The Chicago Beer Dogs
Of course, if you are firing up the grill this weekend we can’t encourage you enough to try The Beer Can Tofurky! I know it seems a little intimidating but I hope this appetizing post by The Redundant Vegan will encourage you to take this vegan wonder on!
I have a great post lined up for tomorrow that I still need to edit the photos for so until then… enjoy this simple pleasure!
Simplest Red Fruit Salad
- 1 Small Watermelon (cubed - should make 3-4 cups)
- 1 Large Ripe Pomegranate
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Mint Leaves (diced)
- Lime Wedges
- Step 1 Open your pomegranate and gently remove all the seeds (arils) in a small bowl.
- Step 2 In a large bowl, gently toss watermelon, pomegranate seeds and mint and pour into an airtight container. Put the fridge for 3 hours.
- Step 3 Serve chilled and with lime wedges on the side to squeeze over the top if you’re into that kinda thing.
* Feel weird calling this a recipe… it’s more like a tossed bowl of awesome combo.